- Free MOT Reminder service

MOT Vehicle Classes: What MOT Class is a scooter or moped?

Most scooters, mopeds and smaller motorbikes that are less than 200cc normally come under the MOT Class 1. Read on to find out more!

Scooters and Motorbikes MOT Class

If you own a scooter, moped or motorbike that is over 3 years old then you will need to have a valid MOT to ride on public roads. There are two different classes for these types of vehicles:

  1. Class 1

    Mopeds and motorbikes that are less than 200cc.
  2. Class 2

    Mopeds and motorbikes that greater than 200cc.

It's that simple. Check the CCs on your vehicle and you will know which Class MOT test you need for your scooter, moped or motorbike.